IALF has an outstanding record in project management and consultancy services in English language training development.
Previous project and consultancy work includes:
- managing the ELTIS (English Language Training for Islamic Schools) activity: designing and implementing a teacher training program for more than 750 teachers working in Madrasah Tsanawiyah;
- providing Short-Term and Long Term English language advisers to universities throughout Indonesia;
- conducting a language training needs analysis in technical and vocational high schools in Eastern Indonesia;
- participating in a feasibility study for an English language development project in Vietnam;
- conducting a Quality Audit of a pre-departure program in Vietnam;
- co-coordinating and co-delivering pre-departure English language training in Vietnam;
- developing Self-Access Resource Centres in four universities in Eastern Indonesia;
- designing an English for Academic Purposes program for an Australian university; and
- conducting market research for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation to investigate the feasibility of teaching English by television throughout Asia.
Meet the IALF
Current IALF Projects
IALF is the managing contractor of ETELP, based in Timor-Leste. ETELP is a partnership between the Universidade Nacional Timor Lorosa’e (UNTL), the National Teacher Training Institute (INFORDEPE) and the IALF. It is part of the collaboration between the Governments of Australia and Timor-Leste, and is funded by the Australian Government through DFAT. Within the broad goal of improving English language teaching in Timor-Leste schools, ETELP works with UNTL on improving pre-service training delivery and curricula, and with INFORDEPE on developing a pilot in-service teacher training program for school teachers.
IALF has been sub-contracted by URS International to provide ELT outreach services for the EPOS (Education Partnership Outreach Services) program, through Kang Guru Indonesia. Kang Guru Radio, a weekly radio program developed to provide English language support for teachers and students across Indonesia, is broadcast on almost 200 stations. EPOS supports the work of the Australian Government funded Education Partnership, through radio, teacher workshops, school events and the provision of Australia Packs to schools built through the Partnership.
IALF has been involved in the development of English language training and testing services in Kiribati for the last 3 years, under the Coffey International Kiribati Education Improvement Program (KEIP) funded by the Australian Government through DFAT. IALF staff have developed Independent Learning Resource Centres, a language training program for teachers, and are currently providing support for trainers in implementing the language training program.
ELTA is an innovative program under the Australia Awards Scholarship program, which focuses on promoting access to scholarships in under-resourced provinces in Indonesia. IALF has trained Master Trainers from four provinces (East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, Papua and West Papua) who, with the support of an IALF Program Coordinator, have delivered intensive IELTS preparation courses for prospective scholarship candidates who have not met the required entry English language requirements.