Apply for Australia Awards Scholarship 2022, application closes 29 April 2022.
Make a difference with an Australia Awards Scholarship. Apply today for your opportunity to gain a world-class education and become a leader for development.
Apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship and become a leader in your field and join an inspiring network of changemakers. The applications open on 1 February 2022 and close on 29 April 2022 at 20.59 WIB.
This article is a compilation of all the essential information needed to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship taken from www.australiaawardsindonesia.org. It also provides information on how you can prepare and take your IELTS test with IALF.
What is the Australia Awards Scholarship
The Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international scholarships that provide emerging leaders with a world-class education in Australia. This year, Australia Awards prioritise Indonesians seeking to make a difference in their home country and undertake Master’s or Doctoral degrees supporting the COVID-19 Development Response Plan priority areas, such as Health Security, Stability and Economic Recovery (full list below).
The Australia Awards Scholarships covers the following:
- Pre-Departure Training (including English for Academic Purposes) prior to commencement of studies in Australia;
- Domestic Return Airfare
- In-Indonesia Stipend for the period of Pre-Departure Training;
- First medical examination and x-ray costs in order to comply with Student Visa requirements.
- DFAT Student Visa and Student Dependant Visa;
- Outward Airfare (economy, one way)
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Establishment Allowance
- Contribution to Living Expenses (in Australia Stipend)
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) for a period of 4-6 weeks undertaken prior to the commencement of Master’s or PhD studies;
- Master’s OR PhD Tuition Fees
- Supplementary Academic Support
- Fieldwork - holders of a scholarship where research comprises at least 50 per cent of the program may receive a return economy class airfare to Indonesia to undertake essential fieldwork;
- Reunion Airfare
- Homeward Airfare
- Professional development and networking
See full details of Scholarship Entitlements here.
Australia Awards applicants must meet all eligibility requirements detailed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook, available here.
Key requirements include:
- be an Indonesian citizen and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from Indonesia;
- not be married or engaged to a person who is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status, at any stage of the application, selection, mobilisation processes or while on-scholarship in Australia;
- satisfy Australian Government requirements for international student entry to Australia (health, character etc);
- not be applying for a visa to live in Australia;
- not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous Australia Awards Scholarship recipient in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia or back in Indonesia for eight years);
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by Indonesia or the government of Indonesia;
- not be current serving military personnel;
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for a DFAT student visa; and,
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian university at which the Scholarship is to be undertaken.
Specifically, candidates must:
- be applying for courses that fall within the areas of development priority (see “Priority Academic Area of Study” below);
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.9 from undergraduate if applying for a Master’s or from Master’s if applying for a Doctorate. For applicants from GFAs and other exceptional candidates (to be determined by DFAT on a case-by-case basis, including people with disabilities), have a GPA equal to or higher than 2.75;
- for Master’s applicants, have an English language proficiency of at least 5.5 in IELTS (or 525 in paper-based TOEFL or 69 in internet-based TOEFL or 46 in Pearson PTE). For applicants from GFAs and other exceptional candidates (to be determined by DFAT on a case by case basis, including people with disabilities) have IELTS 5.0 (or 500 in paper-based TOEFL or 59 in internet-based TOEFL or 38 in Pearson PTE);
- for PhD applicants, have an English language proficiency of at least 6.0 in IELTS (or 550 in paper-based TOEFL or 79 in internet-based TOEFL or 54 in Pearson PTE);
- The IELTS or TOEFL or PTE result must be current (a test result obtained from 29 April 2020 until 29 April 2022 will be considered current). No other English language test (including TOEFL prediction test) results will be accepted;
- already hold an undergraduate degree, if applying for a Master’s;
- already have a Masters, if applying for a Doctorate. Specialisation/professional certificate is not considered a Master’s degree;
- answer all relevant questions on the application form; and,
- be willing and available to undertake full-time (Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4 pm) English for Academic Purposes (EAP) training in Indonesia prior to studying in Australia, if offered a scholarship.
- If applying for a Doctorate, applicants will be restricted to staff of universities, higher education institutions, research institutes, key policy makers and targeted candidates in other agencies associated with DFAT activities; and,
- It is highly desirable for Doctorate applicants to have a letter of support from an Australian university for their proposed field of study.
See the full list of General Requirements here.
Applicants must submit with their application all of the relevant supporting documents listed in the Scholarships Policy Handbook available at this link.
Photocopies of certified documents will not be accepted.
Applicants must also provide the following essential documents to meet the specific requirements for Indonesia. If at least one essential document is not provided, your application will be automatically rejected:
- Copies of birth certificate or equivalent;
- Proof citizenship i.e. KTP or your passport personal information pages;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official (certified*) post-secondary and tertiary certificates/degrees;
- Official (certified*) post-secondary and tertiary transcripts of results;
- Current (original) IELTS or PTE Academic or TOEFL English language test results (a test result obtained from 29 April 2020 to 29 April 2022 will be considered current). The TOEFL prediction test is NOT accepted;
- Master's applicants must also attach certified DIII degree certificate/transcript if using DIV or S1 extension certificate/transcript;
- Doctorate applicants must also attach a certified S1 degree certificate/transcript;
- Academic reference from S2 supervisor for Doctorate applicants (the document can be downloaded here);
- Doctorate and those Master's applicants whose study will include at least fifty per cent research must fill the research proposal details on the application form.
- Applicants from Indonesia who apply online must also complete an Additional Information for Online Application (the form can be accessed on 1 February 2022).
- Applicants from the Public sector must complete and submit Nominating Agency Declaration form (the document can be downloaded here).
- Indonesian Civil Servants (PNS) applicants must submit Surat Keputusan Pengangkatan PNS.
*Must be certified by:
- The official records department of the institution that originally issued the document/s; or
Please refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships application form or “the Additional Information for Online Application form” for the complete list of required documents.
Priority fields of study
Australia Awards prioritises scholars seeking to undertake studies in support of the COVID-19 Development Response Plan priority areas, namely Health Security, Stability and Economic Recovery. A full list of priority fields is provided below.
|Priority Development Areas|| |
|Priority Fields of Study|
How to Select A University and Course of Study
DFAT’s website includes a full list of Australian institutions that are eligible to host scholars. You need to decide which institution you want to attend and choose an appropriate course. To find out about the content of specific courses, research the individual institution website. To find out about universities in Australia please go to Study in Australia website.
You should choose two preferences when submitting the application for the Master’s Awards and PhD Awards by providing the course’s CRICOS code in your application for each preference. You are encouraged to choose two different institutions rather than two different courses at the same institution. If your application for your first preference is unsuccessful, DFAT will forward your application to your second choice of institution. The CRICOS code for your course can be found on theCommonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) website.
How to Apply
To apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship, read the general requirements, prepare your supporting documents and complete the following two steps:
- All applicants are required to apply online at theOASIS website. Please readtheOASIS user guide for applicants to get more information about the OASIS.
- After applying at the OASIS website, all applicants must also complete an Additional Information for Online Application.
For further information about the online application, please click here.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Australia Awards Scholarships recipients will be selected based on academic achievement, leadership qualities, English skills and their potential to contribute to development in Indonesia.
If you have any questions regarding the applications, please contact the Australia Awards in Indonesia’s office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions for Prospective Applicants
Join us at our Australia Award Scholarships Information Session and get all your questions answered by Australia Awards Indonesia staff. The information sessions are free of charge and will be held via Zoom with details below. Please select based on your prospective applicant's criteria and the date that suits you the best. No registration is required.
Information Sessions for Prospective Applicants with Disabilities.
|12 February||09.00 AM WIB||858 2305 4771||@infoPD1|
|5 March||09.00 AM WIB||847 7476 9440||@infoPD2|
Information Session for Civil Servant applicants.
Civil Servant applicants working at the central, provincial, and local government agencies (but not extending to the employees of state-owned enterprises or state universities).
|14 February||02.00 PM WIB||824 3112 7634||infoGOI1|
|19 February||09.00 AM WIB||827 0964 188||infoGOI2|
|3 March||02.00 PM WIB||837 8038 1867||infoGOI3|
Information Session for prospective applicants from the Geographic Focus Areas
Geographic Focus Areas: Aceh, Nusa Tenggara Timur, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Papua, Papua Barat, Maluku, and Maluku Utara. The sessions will provide detailed information about the scheme, requirements, and how to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships that are currently open until 29 April 2022.
|16 February||2.00 PM WIB||852 6741 5736||infoGFA1|
|19 February||2.00 PM WIB||820 4124 7432||infoGFA2|
|21 February||2.00 PM WIB||895 0701 0294||infoGFA3|
|23 February||2.00 AM WIB||829 2070 5346||infoGFA4|
|26 February||09.00 AM WIB||878 7617 5291||infoGFA5|
|2 March||2.00 PM WIB||846 1421 2523||infoGFA6|
|5 March||2.00 PM WIB||833 2579 4521||infoGFA7|
Information taken from www.australiawardsindonesia.org
PREPARE FOR YOUR IELTS TEST AT IALF
Get ahead of the game from home with the IELTS Preparation Online Modular course blending 60% Live Teaching via Zoom and 40% online activities & assignments.
IELTS Preparation Online Modular course is an in-depth course aimed to develop essential skills for IELTS and best practices in test-taking strategies. The course is 50 hours in total – 60% online class meetings and 40% online tasks and activities. You can choose either the Weekday Class option (four meetings per week, Tuesday to Friday) and the Saturday Class option (5 hours per week for 6 weeks). New class starts every week. Now with IELTS Speaking Add-on & IELTS Writing Plus.
Rp 4,000,000 Rp 3,750,000*
*Price includes access to materials for 3 months and free IELTS Listening, Reading, Writing Practice tests. Taught by a combination of Native Speakers & Indonesian teachers of English. New class starts every Tuesday. Academic & General Training modules available. Excludes IELTS Speaking Practice and Writing Plus. New price will be applied for courses starting 1 March 2022 onwards.
Saturday class Fee:
Rp 4,500,000 Rp 3,999,000*
*Price includes access to materials for 3 months and free IELTS Listening, Reading, Writing Practice tests. Taught by a combination of Native Speakers & Indonesian teachers of English. New class starts every Saturday. Academic module only.Excludes IELTS Speaking Practice and Writing Plus. New price will be applied for courses starting 1 March 2022 onwards.
To register you will need to take the IALF Placement Test, to enrol you will need the minimum English requirements of Pre-Intermediate 3. Click the blue-button box to take our Free Online Placement Test.
Read full details about the course here.
REGISTER FOR THE IELTS TEST
The Computer-Delivered Test is available at IALF Jakarta, Gading Serpong and IALF Bali.
The Paper-based IELTS is offered at a number of regional centres across Indonesia.
- Go to the IELTS Test Dates and Locations page, and click on the link for your chosen location
- Select your preferred date
- Follow the instructions to register and pay online, please complete online payment on a desktop browser
- Make sure to read and understand the registration requirements before proceeding
Computer-delivered IELTS at IALF is available for morning and afternoon sessions
- IALF Jakarta from Tuesday to Saturday
- IALF Gading Serpong Wednesday to Sunday
- IALF Bali every Tuesday & Saturday
Click here for more info on Computer IELTS test times.
The IELTS fee for both Paper-based & Computer-delivered is currently Rp 3,000,000*
*Additional charges may apply for locations outside Jabodetabek & Denpasar.
0% Installment available for IELTS Test Online Payment at IALF. *Terms & Conditions apply.
The Paper-based IELTS is held up to several times a month at IALF centres in Jakarta and Bali. It is also held regularly at test sites throughout Jabodetabek and at provincial sites across Indonesia.
Offsite tests can be arranged for special groups of 12 candidates or more: please contact us if you would like us to conduct the IELTS test at your office or college.
*IALF only delivers the IELTS Test for Academic & General Training modules. IELTS UKVI and IELTS Life skills are not available.