IELTS at IALF ... IALF has been delivering the IELTS test for 25 years in Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali.
IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test, accepted for study, work and migration. The test measures proficiency to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- The test was taken by more than 2,200,000 candidates in the last 12 months.
- More than 9,000 institutions and organisations worldwide accept IELTS results as a trusted and valid indicator of ability to communicate in English. These include universities, colleges, professional registration bodies, employers and governments.
- IELTS results are accepted by more than 3000 institutions and programs in the US.
- IELTS is the only English language test where your Speaking test is one-on-one with an examiner in a private room where you will not be interrupted by other test takers. No computers, no technical problems and no distractions
- IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
IELTS is available in two versions - an academic version and a non-academic version. These are known as IELTS Academic and General Training.
The version of the test you take – and the score you require – will depend on your visa requirements and the requirements of the institution where you plan to study or work.
IELTS Academic measures English language proficiency needed for an academic, higher learning environment.
You may choose IELTS Academic if you want to:
- Study or train at a university or college at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Gain registration in a professional organisation (e.g. medical, nursing, accounting, engineering)
IELTS General Training measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context.
You may choose IELTS General Training if you want to:
- Study or train in secondary education or a training program.
- This version of the test is also often a visa requirement if you are planning to migrate to English speaking countries including Australia (DIAC), Canada (CIC) or New Zealand (INZ) and UK (UKBA).
The test is currently held four times a month at IALF Jakarta, up to three times a month at IALF Surabaya and twice a month IALF Bali. The IALF also holds regular IELTS tests administrations at provincial sites, including Malang, Yogyakarta, Padang, Jambi, Pekanbaru, Makassar, Pontianak and Batam as well as in Dili, Timor Leste. For IELTS Test Locations and Test Schedules please click here.
Off-site tests can also be arranged for special groups of 12 candidates or more. Please contact IALF if you would like us to conduct an IELTS test at your institution.
With over 20 years of experience with IELTS, the IALF specializes in preparing students for the IELTS test. Each branch offers a range of IELTS Preparation courses to suit candidates’ needs and schedule requirements. These courses familiarise students with the components of the IELTS test, teach the skills needed to perform well, and also cover a wide range of test-taking strategies.
For more detailed information on IELTS Prep programs at each centre please click below:
The IALF has published four books of IELTS preparation materials,
which are available commercially.